Saturday 12 May 2012

Rapid Prototyping : key for innovation


I recently attended a technology summit in London. Quite an interesting one, which I will write about in the next few days.
I was part of the CAB (Customer Advisory Board) of the technology vendor who actually organized the summit.

One of the key questions that arose at the CAB meeting was around innovation. What do you need to innovate? What are the key factors that you find important for innovation?

I didn’t have to think much about the answer, given that I’m actually facing it every day.
Rapid prototyping is becoming a key factor for innovation.

In the era of SAAS explosion all the software features are out there. We are no longer developing features, we are composing features offered by different vendors. 






Composing working applications  through services orchestration is now faster than ever. Tools for rapid prototyping of service composition will play a key  role in the future of innovation

Customers are asking everyday for working prototypes “Give me something that I can see and use rather than showing me another power point”, was a recent comment I heard.

Showing a working prototype on a mobile device, an IPad or Android tablet rather than on a power point, can be that difference that will make your innovative idea stick.
That’s what it does, rather than that’s what I promise it will do.

Antonio

No comments:

Post a Comment